December is flying by as we enter into the final chapter of 2013. I spent my weekend preparing for exams unable to accept the fact that another semester has come to a close. I meant to have my gift guide up last week, but with classes ending and a research paper due last Friday, the majority of my time was spent in the library with a pot of coffee in front of me.
I broke down my list into several categories that attempts to reflect a wide range of price points as well as styles. When it comes to buying gifts for women, I recommend jewelry or some type of accessory because sizing is typically not needed for purchase. If you’re wanting to give something more personal, try and think of an item that she would use on a weekly, or even daily, basis. Remember, the best gifts are the ones that hit close to home and have a deeper meaning behind them instead of an insignificant price tag or brand name.
Friendly tip: Don’t forget the holiday card and wrapping paper.
- “Robinson Nylon Duffel” by Tory Burch – Looking for a gift for the frequent flyer on your list that believes leather is “too masculine” for her? Go with this sleek option from Tory Burch that will have her itching to book a weekend trip.
- “Giant Check Cashmere Scarf” by Burberry – A classic scarf that will never go out of style.
- “Crowns Hunter Loafers” by Stubbs and Wootton – A gift for a queen (you’ll get the reference after you click on the link).
- “Cashmere Cable Knit Throw” by Effortless Elegance – Wrap her up in cashmere…she’ll love you forever.
- “Homage Charles Garnier Scarf” by Hermés – What’s better than Hermés? Vintage Hermés. Careful though, you may have difficulty topping Christmas 2014 after this luxe scarf.
- “Chanel No. 5 Parfum” by Chanel – A scent that will make her remember you and others remember her.
- “Beadnell Jacket” by Barbour – A classic that will keep her warm on those frigid winter days. MONOGRAM IDEA: Monogram the sleeve or inside jacket pocket for an added touch of personalization.
- “Simple Cashmere Turtleneck Sweater” by Madewell – You can’t go wrong with cashmere…ever.
- “Classic Long Trench” by Coach -For the bold one on your list. Sarah Vickers certainly knows how to effortlessly sport the trench.
- “Marled Wool Gloves” by Brooks Brothers – Festive gloves that will keep the holiday spirit going well into January.
- “Vintage Short Sleeve Pajamas Set” by J.Crew – Year-round pjs that are great for the more difficult name on your list. MONOGRAM IDEA: Monogram the sleeve or chest pocket.
- “Reva Ballet Flat” by Tory Burch – Dancer or not, she’ll certainly do a small leap when she sees these under the Christmas tree. Friendly note: Make sure you get the size right!
- “Huntress High Glass Rain Boots” by Hunter – Wellies that will make her look forward to those rainy days.
- “Melissa Boot” by Frye – American Made riding boots with a simple style and a price tag that isn’t obnoxious.
- “Bean Boots” by LL Bean – Bean Boots are great because they’re practical and stylish. Friendly note: Buy the 6″ ones instead of the 8″.
- “Pearl Cuff” by Kate Spade – A great statement piece that can help transition day-wear into evening-wear.
- “Fuzzy Ascot” by Anthropologie – A cozy accessory that didn’t hurt any animals in the making.
- “Crystal Rosette Bracelet” by J.Crew – A gift for the girl with a sparkling personality…and jewelry box.
- “Zoe Bow Cuff” by Loren Hope – A simple accessory at an affordable cost from another American-Made brand.
- “Signature Tartan Bow Tie Bracelet” by Kiel James Patrick – A “Vickers” approved gift.
- “Idiom Pencils” by Kate Spade – A small gift that reminds us to not take life too seriously.
- “Leather Thurlow Cosmetic Case” by Ralph Lauren – Another great accessory for the well-traveled. Friendly tip: Put her favorite fragrance or body lotion inside for an added surprise. MONOGRAM IDEA: Take the cosmetic case to your local print shop and get her monogram embossed on the side.
- “Cashmere Brush” by The Laundress – A necessity for the cashmere-enthusiast who is constantly fighting a war of pilling.
- “Coco Chanel: An Intimate Life” by Lisa Chaney – There’s nothing better than giving the gift of a good read. Friendly tip: Write a short note inside the cover for a personal touch.
- “Bow USB” by Kate Spade – Work is horrible, but this USB will make those late-night work sessions a bit more fun.
- “Three Travel Bags” by Iomoi – Packing is stressful no matter what way you look at it. These travel bags are great for maximizing space because you don’t have to worry about getting your favorite sweater dirty. MONOGRAM IDEA: Add her monogram to these bags, which comes standard with every order.
Randomness for the Home:
- “A Sporting Life” by Hermés – A inspirational book for the one who enjoys history and photography.
- “Toasts Cocktail Shaker” by Izola -Every hostess needs a good cocktail shaker and this one is awesome.
- “Gramophone” by Restoration Hardware – A gift for the girl who belongs in the 1920s.
- “Letter Tray” by Jayes – Great bedside addition that can hold her keys, phone, and other random neccessities.
- “Cardamom & Coffee Body Scrub” by Fig & Yarrow – For the one who can’t get enough coffee in their life.